Club steward (09:40 – 13:00 and 14:00 to 17:00). The steward’s duties are:
· Raise the club flag
· Vacuum the clubhouse floor and men’s locker room
· Wipe the tables
· Empty the bins, if required, changing bin liners and take out for recycling
· Clean the men’s toilet (basin and floor, etc.)
· On match days – lay out the necessary equipment 20 minutes prior to the match
· Collect green fees from visitors
· If necessary order groundsheets to be put out or close the green
· Before leaving:
o Lower the flag and return to the kitchen shelf
o Undertake a fire check
o Ensure that the mobile phone is switched on and charging.
o Check that all external doors are locked (including the toilet, equipment room and men’s locker room), windows are locked and curtains are closed.
· Take waste home
· See the men’s noticeboard for additional tasks
The steward is the Fire Safety Officer – (the assembly point is the main carpark).
Note that U18s and vulnerable adults need to be with 2 responsible adults (one male and one female) at all times.
If you find time to keep the green surrounds and ditches clear of stones – it will be greatly appreciated.
If a member is unavailable for an allocated duty then it is their responsibility to swap duties with someone else and update the rota which is kept in the men’s locker room.