We have a team of licenced coaches, who, between them, can teach from novice to county standard.
Anyone, who is interested in lawn bowls, can apply for an introductory 'taster session' to see if Bowling is for them. All, who are new to bowls, are provided with introduction lessons (all equipment supplied) and can be fast tracked to playing with confidence with other more experienced players.
For Juniors (U18’s), we run the Dawlish Bowls Youth Academy as the ‘after school club’ for our nearby schools – see the Youth Academy page for details.
The following modules are available:
- Introduction to the sport of lawn bowls – for those new to bowling
- Beginner’s course to learn how to play, understanding the rules and etiquette (4 sessions)
- Individual tailor made problem solving sessions with ‘meaningful practice’
- Specialist Courses:
- An Improver’s course of 4 sessions
- Marker and Measuring
- Reading the Head to improve shot making decisions
- Bowls Ballistics – what happens when a bowl strikes another and how this can improve results?
For further details, please use the enquiry form below to contact our Club Coach:
Rick Purnell, Qualified Coach Bowls Level2 Licence CB 0564.